Skip to main content

Typhoons Ondoy and Peping

I don't know how to start and write this article about the devastating typhoons that have hit the Philippines but I will try to make it an inspirational one.

I am here in Qatar far away from home but as if I heard the moaning of the drowning victims young and old. Miles away but I smelled the agony of loosing love ones. My heart is in pain while watching the horrible videos spread all over the internet. I can’t even imagine the thought of losing a child; it makes me chill and it falters my heartbeat.

Help will be served like clothing and food, yeah it will definitely give comfort to those hungry and for those who lost their belongings but who and what will be given to those that are grieving and in pain? How will you explain to a child that his parents are not coming back to take care of him? Give him toys? And how would you console a mother who lost her children? Give her Teddy Bear?

Sometimes even the most faithful person will question his/her fate, which is natural and understandable. So I think the greatest assistance that can be given to them is to provide inspirations and hope, make them understand that it was nobody’s fault. Spiritual healing is never been easy but with constant care and support it is possible.

A prayer I made for them, it’s not much but in my own little way I am extending my sympathy and condolences.

Springs of Hope
SPK

Amidst the chaos,
Bond of brotherhood
Seeds of compassion

Smell of deaths,
Prayers of resurrection
Springs of hope

Agony of loosing,
Warriors stand tall
Hardships bear resiliency

Suffocating darkness-
Hearts light the way
Towards a renewed 
Spirit…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Loans Available for OFW

The Philippine Government particularly OWWA (Overseas Workers Welfare Administration) which is the lead institution that serves the interest and welfare of member-Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) has come up with a program which main purpose is to help and Finance some livelihood programs of OFW and their families through Financial Loans. Please see below the description and the criteria for the said program.

Are OFW's Rich?

"Overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) are not rich. We have this notion that when someone is an OFW or based abroad, he or she is loaded. Not true. An OFW might earn from P50K-P300K a month, depending on the location. Those in Saudi Arabia or the United States might earn in the high range. But to say that they're 'rich' is a fallacy (amen!). There's no place like home - Living Abroad : For some OFW's the notion maybe true but for most it's a fallacy like what the author of the article where I got the excerpt said. I have seen the plight of some unfortunate Filipinos working here in Qatar and even heard of some earning as low as QR 700.00 that is roughly Php 8,360.00. Imagine the hardships and the sacrifices it takes just to earn that meagre amount so they can send money home. I just can't imagine how they are surviving with that salary as the cost of living here is relatively higher compared to Saudi Arabia. My food allowance here ranges from QR 5...

One Car for Every OFW Tax Free

Image via Wikipedia One lazy evening my buddy Delfin, his wife and I were having coffee at a nearby coffee shop to where we live here in Qatar, it’s the usual conversation until it lead to about how difficult it is to acquire a Qatar driving license, then we turn to cars on how easy it is to own one here because banks here are so aggressively offering car loans to those who are interested even to those that are not interested. It is easier to buy a car abroad than in our country as the banks ask only of minimal requirements unlike in the Philippines where banks have their own agents to look into the credit standing of the person who is applying for a loan and sometimes even go deeper than that, as if he is some kind of a criminal being under surveillance but that’s my own observation anyway.