Skip to main content

BaBaLa: "ALDUB" The Pandemic Virus that Infected Filipinos and OFWs Around the World

Let me guess, you are here because you just can’t get enough of ALDUB; am I right? Watching Eat Bulaga is no longer enough to satisfy your craving for the love team of the year. Oh well I couldn’t blame you because I myself have been scouring the net with every article I could find about Yaya Dub (Maine Mendoza) it doesn’t even matter how short it may be. What is this fever spreading like a virus? It became pandemic as Filipinos around the World (OFWs) have been infected, myself included. There is just something about this duo that is hard to comprehend but I will try to dissect the “virus” in ways that I can through my own “research” (stalking)J. I will start with Alden Richards whose real name is Richard Reyes Faulkerson, Jr. Alden was born on January 2, 1992 in Santa Rosa, Laguna, Philippines as the second child of Richard Sr., a native of Laguna, and Rosario (neĂ© Reyes), a native of Pampanga. (Wikipedia)

In my quest to know more about the love team ALDUB, I came across this video below and to know how humble this guy is, made me admire him more. In the interview you can feel how much she loves his mother who died not seeing him living the dream she has for his son. But I must admit that before the ALDUB Fever I didn’t even know who Alden Richards is. I saw one of his dudsmash once but never knew he’s already a celebrity in the Philippines. I thought he’s one of those “mestizo” who’s murdering the Filipino language until as I’ve said watched the video below.



Yaya Dub, a household name now in the Philippines and a recognizable name in the social universe (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram). Nicomaine Dei Mendoza is her real name and she is from Sta. Maria, Bulacan and is the fourth of five siblings. She finished high school in St. Paul College in Bocaue, Bulacan and graduated from De La Salle-College of St. Benilde of Culinary Arts. She did an on job training in a resort in New York City (Wikipedia).With her background it’s hard to imagine she can be the wackiest person that you’ll ever see which I guess is the main reason people from all walks of life love her, from toddler to the most senior and everything in between. The video below shows how well off her family is and it is noticeable how easy-going is her whole family but that’s just the tip of the iceberg. As I slowly admitted to myself that I’m really becoming an avid fan of hers (Kurt Cobain won’t come back to life so I guess it’s time to let go of the “Grunge” era’s Icon) I was able to find Maine’s Youtube channel and watched all her video in a single night or let’s just say until dawn. Her video clips showed how talented she is, from directing to editing videos and she plays the drums too (how cool is that?). But probably what struck me the most is when I stumbled upper her personal blog The Optimist Pessimist Bella. Oh boy, who would have thought that this “crazy” girl is as deep as the ocean? At such a young age she’s so attune to her emotions and very much aware of who she is. She composes poetry too, how lovely.

 
So wherever she is right now, I can say that she deserves all the blessings that come her way. A very fascinating young lady who can be the wackiest one moment and be the deepest person in a heartbeat. So to all the Filipinos and OFWs like me, I am with you and I perfectly understand why you are going gaga over Yaya Dub and the ALDUB love team. But wait, I think I haven’t explain why this phenomenon is so intoxicating. I will try anyway. People are tired of being fooled by scripted and planned love teams and ALDUB was formed accidentally and it was the people that are watching who made it to develop to what is it right now. The genuine personality of Maine Mendoza is a very big factor. She’s a real person with enormous charisma and she is the opposite of what most Filipinos hate on celebrities “Prima Donnas”. So there you go folks I tried.

If you liked this article please share it to our fellow ALDUBBERS out there and spread the word even though I know my friends of old will bash me for writing this. A rebellious grungy me writing about a showbiz love team.. LOL. Oh well I love the kilig factor anyway… BABALA!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mga Bagong Bayani (OFW) Ipagbunyi inyong Kadakilaan

Sa bawat daan na iyong tinahak Sa mga luha sa mata mo pumatak Sa katawan mong pagod at batak Sa pamilya mong muntik mawasak Sa bawat mga araw na lumilipas Sa yugto ng buhay mong nalalagas Sa damdamin mong nagagasgas Sa mga nagdaraang mga oras Saan ka kaya patutungo? Sino kaya ang sa luha magpapatuyo? May hahagod kaya sa katawang hapo? Manitili kayang pamilya mo ay buo? Araw na lumipas maibabalik ba? Makikita ba mga sandaling nawala? Kaya pa ba sa bigat ng iyong dala? Oras na nagdaan mapapalitan ba? Mga Bagong Bayani....Ipagbunyi inyong kadakilaan..

Loans Available for OFW

The Philippine Government particularly OWWA (Overseas Workers Welfare Administration) which is the lead institution that serves the interest and welfare of member-Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) has come up with a program which main purpose is to help and Finance some livelihood programs of OFW and their families through Financial Loans. Please see below the description and the criteria for the said program.

Are OFW's Rich?

"Overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) are not rich. We have this notion that when someone is an OFW or based abroad, he or she is loaded. Not true. An OFW might earn from P50K-P300K a month, depending on the location. Those in Saudi Arabia or the United States might earn in the high range. But to say that they're 'rich' is a fallacy (amen!). There's no place like home - Living Abroad : For some OFW's the notion maybe true but for most it's a fallacy like what the author of the article where I got the excerpt said. I have seen the plight of some unfortunate Filipinos working here in Qatar and even heard of some earning as low as QR 700.00 that is roughly Php 8,360.00. Imagine the hardships and the sacrifices it takes just to earn that meagre amount so they can send money home. I just can't imagine how they are surviving with that salary as the cost of living here is relatively higher compared to Saudi Arabia. My food allowance here ranges from QR 5